Benefits of Being a Member
Membership of the Orange Democratic Movement is open to all Kenyans upon application. This applies to all Kenyan citizens in possession of a valid National Identification card or passport, irrespective of gender, race, colour or creed and in accordance with the provisions of the Political Parties Act 2011. All members shall sign and subscribe to ODM Code of Conduct and a Pledge of Commitment.
Who can join the ODM?
Membership of the ODM party is open to all Kenyans above the age of 18 years, irrespective of tribe or race, who accept its principles, policies and programmes and are prepared to abide by its Constitution and rules.
Others who may apply for membership include: People who are resident in Kenya and have manifested a clear identification with the Kenyan people and its values.
Rights and duties of members
An ODM member has the right to:
Take a full and active part in the discussion, formulation and implementation of the policy of the ODM.
- Submit proposals or statements through the appropriate structures to the branch, county, and region.
- Offer constructive criticism of any member, official, policy programme or activity of the ODM within its structures.
- Receive and impart information on all aspects of ODM policy and activities.
- Take part in elections and be elected or appointed to any committee, structure, commission or delegation of the ODM.
An ODM member has a duty to:
Belong to and take an active part in the life of his or her branch.
- All members shall ensure that they are registered as voters in the constituency where they live.
- Explain the aims, and policies of the ODM to the people.
- Take all necessary steps to understand and carry out the aims, policy of ODM.
- Deepen his or her understanding of the social, cultural, political and economic problems of the country.
- Fight against tribalism, religious intolerance, sexism, and political intolerance or any other form of discrimination.
- Observe discipline, behave honestly and carry out loyally decisions of the majority and decisions of higher bodies.
- Combat propaganda detrimental to the interests of the ODM and defend the policy, aims and programmed of the ODM.
How to join the ODM
To join the ODM:
Contact the DIRECTORATE OF MEMBERSHIP SERVICES at your nearest ODM branch. The appropriate ODM County or Regional Office can assist you with the name and contact details of the branch.
Print out and complete the membership application form and post or fax it to the membership officer in your county, (see below) together with the annual membership fee of KSh of 5,000